Travel and address lookup are tedious for foreigners living in Japan because everything in Japanese Scripts [Kanji & kanas]. In Japan they have everything from address look up – driving directions like in America and Europe but not in English. Recently I found a private website http://diddlefinger.com/ offers the following services on top of Google Maps in english labels.
- English Address Search: Map most addresses in Japan using English.
- Place Lookup: Look-up many geographical locations in Japan.
- Zip/Postcode Search: Type in a yubinbango (Zip/Postcode) and you will be taken to the area it relates to. Enter the first 3 digits to go to the approximate area.
- JP Address: Look-up a Japanese address using standard kanji address entry.
- Plot Link: Copy and paste a “Google maps” e-mail link here to plot that location on diddlefinger.
- Sync: Synchronize the map and the web-page. [Useful if you pan/zoom a long way from your starting point and want to make a bookmark. ]
- Link to page: Get a link you can e-mail/IM of the current map location and any “green arrow” markers.
- E-mail: Make a link to current page, and any green markers, in your mail client.
I thought I can share this with others who visits /google my blog. I strongly recommend aliens living in Japan to bookmark this link.